Systemd is a system and server gesture at the service of Linux, compatible with SysV and LSB initscripts. Systemd provides remarkable parallelization capabilities, with the use of socket and D-Bus activation for server startup. It contributes to a follow-up in the processes in the use of the Linux drivers in your groups. Systemd 246 is the most recent version of the dominant Linux systems startup and system/server manager. This version has multiple new features to make it one of the Fall 2020 Linux distributions.
The Systemd 246 changes
Among the various changes that systedm 246 has mentioned:
- Systemd-journald now supports journal compression of Zstd files. Similarly, joint coredumps by systemd-coredump can make use of Zstd compression.
- The execution by Tmpfs automatically sets by systemd as /tmp and /run through the mounts. They now have a limit with the capacity of 50% Ram, for /tmp and /dev/sdm of 10% Ram in other mounts.
- Luck’s management system now automatically highlights empty system blocks. Once the user logs out.
- The hosting system improves the protection of possible double data encryption scenarios. In addition Systemd-homed supports the home directory block, through FIOD2 security tokens.
- Systemd-cryptsetup during boot-up can activate Microsoft BitLocker volumes.
Systemd-xdg-autostart-generatorcommand is released to manage system drive files, from .desktop XDG autostart files.
- Changed from Microsoft that will be able to display certain host operating system information to containers.
- The hostname where the system can be configured, at boot time under the option
systemd.hostname= kernel. Also the inclusion of new kernel commands, such as
systemd.swap=options to check for SWAP is enabled. systemd.clock-usec= as Unix time specifier at boot time.
- Systemd starts a new hardware database file, collecting information from PCI and USB devices so that they auto-suspend correctly. Similarly, this database is initially based on ChromeOS/ChromiumOS data.
- Improvements in the system network, similarly in the results in the systems with various improvement observations. This is a validation of the NIS for its DNS-over-TLS support.
- The new configurations: ConditionPathIsEncrypted, AssertPathIsEncrypted, ConditionEnvironment, AssertEnvironment, RootHash / RootHashSignature, TimeoutStartFailureMode/TimeoutStopFailureMode, and CoredumpFilter.
- Systemd notifies of the remaining processes in the unit, once stopped.
- Basic support for the cgroup v2 freezer.
- PID1 can automatically load with AppArmo’s pre-compiled policies during an early boot.
Systemd 246 brings several functions that range from limitations on the use of Ram memory to the inclusion of new commands. Facilitate users in the various areas in the systems and administration of the servers.
Please share this post and join our Telegram channel.