Hello! You may have often heard about blue light from screens. Moreover, this element is very harmful to our eyesight. Indeed, it can make our eyes tired. It can even cause concentration problems. In addition, it has a negative effect on the hours of sleep. Well, today we will learn a little about blue light and how to mitigate it in Windows 10. Blue light is a concept very much handled by screen manufacturers. Hence, they have tried to minimize it. However, not all displays have managed to downplay this effect. Therefore, it is up to the users to limit this harmful effect. Read on to find out how to enable blue light filter in Windows 10
What is blue light?
Blue light is a part of the visible light spectrum. In other words, it is made up of other light in small pieces, among which is blue itself. Remember that light is made up of various shades. So, depending on the color, there are different wavelengths. Thus, it is shorter in the ultraviolet rays and longer in the infrared rays. Blue light is very close to ultraviolet.
What problems can this cause?
There is still no conclusive evidence of eye damage from blue light. However, many experts believe it may lead to premature age-related macular degeneration (AMD). This is a pathology that consists of the slow destruction of central vision. As a result, it causes difficulties in reading or focusing on fixed areas. This disease usually occurs after the age of 60. But experts assure that blue light will cause this pathology earlier. Another possible consequence of blue light is eye fatigue and stress. Studies suggest that spending more than two hours a day in front of a screen can cause these problems.
How to avoid blue light with the Windows 10 filter
Fortunately, Windows 10 has a way to mitigate this damage. Let’s remember that spending too much time at the screen hurts. Let’s see how we can do it.
- Press the Win+I combination to go to the Windows Settings. Once there, just click on System.
- Now scroll down to Night light settings.
- Next, you must click on Turn on now.
- With the slider button, it is possible to control the filter intensity.
- It is also possible to program the blue light protection. With this in mind, just click on Schedule.
- From this point on, there are two scheduling options. First, it is possible to set it from dusk to dawn. That is to say, it is Windows that detects the different periods of sunset. However, for this to work, we must have Location active. On the other hand, it is also possible to customize the times for the filter to be activated and deactivated.
Very well, ultimately we have seen how to enable blue light filter in Windows 10. Therefore, you have a tool to protect your eyes from this damaging effect. Bye!