Hello! Nowadays, people tend to keep an important part of their lives on their computers and even on their cell phones. Consequently, with so many privacy issues, taking care of this information becomes more essential. Fortunately, there is a feature that allows you to keep unwanted eyes away. Therefore, today we are going to learn how to create secret folders in Windows 11.
Privacy is essential in any operating system.
Android is a system that supports the secret folders function. However, it is not the only one. In fact, Microsoft has also integrated this feature. Although in this case, it is necessary to follow a series of steps. In that order of ideas, we have prepared this post to tell you how to create secret folders in Windows 11. In this way, we can keep the information protected from eavesdroppers. This is especially useful in these times with so many malicious threats on the web. On the other hand, let’s keep in mind that other features designed to take care of users’ privacy have not turned out to be so good. In fact, it turns out that incognito mode is not as secure as it appears to be, although we’ll talk about that in a future post.
Steps to create secret folders in Windows 11
Before we go any further, we want to make one thing clear. In Windows 11, you can not only create secret folders to protect your important data or those files you don’t want anyone else to see. In fact, you can go one step further. However, we will tell you about that later. Here, we will explain step by step what to do to create secret folders in Windows 11
- The first thing to do is to go to the Windows 11 desktop.
- Now, you must create your folder in the traditional way with right click and Create folder.
- Then, you should save in this folder all the files and information you want.
- After doing this, you should right-click on the folder.
- In the Windows 11 context menu, you must click on Show more options.
- Now, you go to the Properties tab.
- Next, click on the Customize tab.
- Then, you will see some options, but the one that interests you is Change Icon.
- After clicking on this option, it will open a floating menu with a series of icons from which you can choose to change it.
- You simply have to slide the icons until you find one that appears in white, as if it were transparent.
- Just apply it and click OK.
In this way, you will have already hidden the folder icon. However, this is not enough. Indeed, you will still be able to see the name of the folder. So, then, you must do the following.
- In this secret folder, you must right-click and click on Rename.
- In the name field, hold down the ALT key and enter the code 0160.
- With this command, you will make the name disappear in its entirety.
How can you hide folders in Windows 11 for better security?
Secret folders in Windows 11 are great for keeping other people away from your private files. However, there is another option if you want to go one step further. In fact, you can hide the folders directly. This will give you additional assurance and peace of mind.
It should be noted that the above method will help you to prevent other users from seeing your private files so easily. However, things can happen that can accidentally cause the invisible folder to be discovered. This is where the hide folder trick comes in, so that only you will be able to see the contents. Just follow these steps:
- The first thing to do is to access the File Explorer in Windows 11.
- To do this, you can press the Win+E combination or click on the folder icon in the taskbar.
- Now, you must click on the View option located on the top bar.
- This will display a series of options, but you must click on View.
- In the new context menu that opens, you must make sure that the Hidden Items option is not checked.
This is the first thing you should do. However, this is not all. In fact, you must now change the folder status to hidden with these steps.
- You have to go to the folder you want to hide and right-click on it.
- Then, you have to click on Show more options and then on Properties.
- This will take you to a series of tabs in a floating window, but you must position yourself in the General section and locate the Attributes section at the bottom.
- Now, just check the Hidden box.
- Finally, you must apply these changes and click on OK.
Why privacy is important in Windows 11
In today’s digital age, privacy is more important than ever. Fortunately, Windows 11 has taken major steps to ensure that user data is kept safe from malicious actors. By implementing cutting-edge security measures and tools, Microsoft has provided a secure environment where users can have confidence that their information is protected.
Controlled Folder Access is just one of the many features that make Windows 11 such a secure operating system. This tool prevents unauthorized access to important files and folders, giving users peace of mind that their sensitive data is being safeguarded.
Windows Hello is another innovative security feature that utilizes biometric authentication to log users into their accounts. This extra layer of security provides an additional level of protection against potential cyber threats.
But that’s not all. Windows 11 also includes additional layers of encryption for sensitive data, which ensures that information is kept private and secure. Additionally, features such as Activity History enable administrators to monitor user behavior on the system, giving them the ability to take necessary steps if any suspicious or malicious activity occurs.
With these robust security measures in place, users can rest easy knowing that their private information will remain just that private. Windows 11 provides a secure and trusted environment where users can confidently use their devices without fear of having their data exposed or exploited by bad actors online. All these measures combine with the secret folders in Windows 11 to increase user privacy. Bye!