Windows 10 has different options to improve the user experience. Indeed, it may be that we visit a website constantly. This may be for work, leisure, or study reasons. Consequently, we can turn this website into a Windows 10 app. The purpose is to have the website as an additional system resource. Including the traditional actions of the apps. However, the website will look and behave as it would in a browser. The difference is that there are no browser elements in the application window. That is, the bookmarks bar, address bar, etc. will not be present. In fact, the app will use the selected browser in the background. Either Firefox Mozilla. In today’s post, we will see how to convert a web page to Windows 10 App.
How to turn a website into a Windows 10 app using Microsoft Edge.
Microsoft has relaunched an innovative version of its Edge browser. Which breaks with tradition by being based on Chromium. Indeed, it shares the code with Google Chrome and it is possible to install the same extensions. In addition, it has proven to be very fast and reliable. Let’s see how to do it:
- The first thing you have to do is to open the website. Once there, please follow the following path: Menu>Apps>Install this site as an App.
- In the pop-up window, please assign the name.
- After this is done, the site as an application will open automatically.
- Now just enter the created name in the search bar.
How to convert a web page to a Windows 10 application with Google Chrome.
Google Chrome is the most widely used web browser in the world. This is due to its simple and pleasant interface. In addition to coming from the hand of the giant Google. For that reason, we will also see how to convert a website into a Windows 10 app.
- Once again, launch the web browser and open the web page.
- Then follow the next route: Menu>More tools>Create shortcut:
- Next, assign a name for the new app. Additionally, check the box to open as a window.
- Immediately the new app will open with the web page.
- Finally, you just have to find the app in the Windows 10 start menu
Okay, we have seen how to convert a web page as an app in Windows 10. In addition, we show you the process with two of the most used web browsers today. See you soon!