Hi! Today we will talk a bit about networks. In fact, we will touch on a topic related to connectivity. Specifically we will see how to change DNS in Windows 10. This is an aspect that allows you to get more speed, privacy and security when surfing the Internet. Stay with us to see how to do it.
Why change it
There are many reasons to change the DNS in Windows 10. But in reality, the improvement is felt at the level of security and speed. For example, to obtain more speed of navigation, to accede to portals, services and blocked Web pages in our country. In addition, adults can implement a parental control system. Additionally, there are other advantages such as:
- Reliability as they tend to offer greater stability and more real uptime
- Speed that is placed, in some cases, ahead of the operators’ servers
- Security as some offer phishing protection or DNSSEC support.
- Parental control by having options such as filtering access to pages not recommended for minors.
- Skip restrictions to continue accessing domains blocked by the operator.
How to change the DNS from the Windows 10 network configuration
This procedure is relatively simple to do. However, we recommend special attention for novice users. The first thing you need to do is to enter the Windows settings. With this in mind, press the Windows +I combination, once there click on Network & Internet.
The Internet and Networking menu will be displayed immediately. On the right-hand menu, click on Change Adapter Options.
Next you will see the Network Connections section in the Control Panel. Now it is time to select the current active connection. In this example the connection is managed by the Wi-Fi network. Therefore, double click to enter the network properties.
Within the network properties a number of elements are displayed. Please scroll down to get Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Now click on Properties.
Then follow the next steps. In the first place click on Use the following DNS Server address. Then manually fill in the Preferred DNS Server and Alternate DNS Server options. Finally, check the box Validate settings upon exiting.
Now it is time that everything is in order. With this intention, from a CMD runs the following command:
List of the best DNS for Windows 10.
Below I show you the best DNS options currently available. Which can be used as an alternative to those offered by the provider. In addition, they are totally free:
- Level3 – 126.96.36.199 & 188.8.131.52
- IBM Quad9 – 184.108.40.206
- Verisign – 220.127.116.11 & 18.104.22.168
- Google – 22.214.171.124 & 126.96.36.199
- WATCH – 188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206
- Comodo Secure DNS – 220.127.116.11 & 18.104.22.168
- OpenDNS Home – 22.214.171.124 & 126.96.36.199
- GreenTeamDNS – 188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206
- SafeDNS – 220.127.116.11 & 18.104.22.168
- OpenNIC – 22.214.171.124 & 126.96.36.199
- SmartViper – 188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206
- Dyn – 220.127.116.11 & 18.104.22.168
- FreeDNS – 22.214.171.124 & 126.96.36.199
- Alternate DNS – 188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206
- DNS – 220.127.116.11 & 18.104.22.168
- UncensoredDNS – 22.214.171.124 & 126.96.36.199
- Hurricane Electric – 188.8.131.52
- puntCAT – 184.108.40.206
- Neustar – 220.127.116.11 & 18.104.22.168
- Cloudflare – 22.214.171.124 & 126.96.36.199
- Fourth Estate – 188.8.131.52
- CleanBrowsing – 184.108.40.206 & 220.127.116.11
- UltraDNS – 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124
- UltraDNS Family – 126.96.36.199 & 188.8.131.52
However, we recommend testing the effectiveness of DNS in the connection. Inasmuch as, a DNS server may be a good option for one person or in one country, and not work as well in other conditions. Indeed, DNS Benchmark, NameBench and DNS Perf are used to locate the fastest DNS. Some also offer additional features such as security and parental control. Very well, this way we have seen how to change DNS in Windows 10. This allows to increase the speed of Windows internet browsing. See you soon.