Hello! We are counting the days for the arrival of Windows 10 Sun Valley. It is logical, since it is the first major update of Windows 10 in several years. We have already discussed that the redesign will cover both the interior and the interface of the system. Therefore, we have shown some possible changes to be included. For example, we showed you what the Alarms and Clock app will look like. However, a long-awaited change will affect the file explorer. Since this design has remained unchanged for a long time. Moreover, it is an old and obsolete element. We have even shown you an excellent alternative. But, it seems that Microsoft heard users’ complaints. As a result, the file explorer will have a new look. In the following lines we will see how to activate the new Windows 10 file explorer.
Learn how to test the new look of the Windows 10 file explorer.
On the other hand, the new browser is a Windows Universal Platform (WUP) application. Therefore, it is only available for Windows 10 v1703 and later versions. To check which version of Windows you are running, do the following. Press the Win+R combination and then run the winver command.
Next you will see the operating system version.
So if you meet this premise, then you can enjoy it. Follow the steps below to use the new Windows 10 file explorer:
- The first thing you need to do is to create a shortcut on the desktop. With this in mind, right-click on a blank space on the desktop.
- The previous action will display the context menu. Accordingly, follow the path below:New>Shortcut
- You will immediately be redirected to a box. In the item location, please paste the following:
- Now it is time to name the direct shortcut. Therefore, assign the one you like. I will use Explorer.
- Just double-click on the shortcut, and you are ready to go! You now have access to the new Windows 10 file explorer.
At the end of the day, we have seen how to activate the new Windows 10 file explorer. This way we can continue previewing what will be Windows 10 Sun Valley. Bye!