Hello! Windows 11 has a number of pre-installed features and applications. While they can be useful, they can also take up space on your PC. Therefore, if you don’t use them, you can uninstall them. This way you can leave room for other apps. The problem is that Windows 11 does not let you uninstall these applications the old-fashioned way. Indeed, Windows 11 has changed some things regarding its predecessor. But don’t worry, we’ll show you how to bypass the restrictions. Continue reading to learn 6 tricks to remove programs in Windows 11.
How to uninstall programs and applications from Windows 11 Settings
In the old Windows 10, it was possible to uninstall a program from Windows Settings. However, getting to the exact section was not easy. Fortunately, Windows 11 has a better design of this section. In addition, it is easier to use. You only have to follow these steps:
- Press the Win+I combination to open Windows Settings. Once there, click on Apps & Features.
- Next, the list of all apps will be displayed. You can then scroll down to the app you want to remove. You can also use the integrated search engine.
- Once you have selected the app, just click on the 3 dots and choose the Uninstall option. You will be prompted to confirm the uninstallation. Just approve and proceed with the process.
How to uninstall programs and applications from the Windows 11 Start Menu
If you already know the name of the program you want to uninstall, then there is no need to go through the settings. In fact, the easiest way is through the Start menu. Please follow these steps:
- Click on the Start button. Once the menu is displayed, just click on All apps.
- Now you just have to find the App. Then right click on it and select Uninstall.
This is a simple method. However, it only works with some applications. If you don’t get the app, then you will have to use the previous method. Or read on to see the other alternatives.
Uninstalling an app from the Windows 11 start menu
The control panel returns to Windows 11 with very few changes. Indeed, why change what works well? This despite Microsoft’s efforts to leave it behind. Well, the tool has a Programs section. From there, we will be able to uninstall some rebellious apps. Especially those that do not easily show the uninstaller. Let’s see how to use it:
- Press the Win+R combination to run the control command.
- The Control Panel will be displayed immediately. Please click on Uninstall a program.
- Then, just double-click on the program to start the uninstallation.
This is a very effective method. Especially for those apps that hide their uninstaller.
How to remove programs and applications with Windows 11 Management Instrumentation
This mechanism is somewhat more complex than the previous ones. But don’t worry, we will tell you how to master it. Once we have done so, we will have a powerful utility to uninstall programs. Let’s see how to use it.
- Press the Win+R combination. Now run the wmic command.
- Next we will see the graphical interface of Windows Management Instrumentation. Please run the product get name command to display all applications.
- Then you have to use this syntax to uninstall an application:
Product where name="app name" call uninstall
- Please note that you must modify the name of the app by entering the name of the program you want to uninstall. Also, you must keep the quotation marks. Let’s suppose you want to uninstall WinRAR. Then the command would look like this:
Product where name="WinRAR" call uninstall.
- Finally, press Enter to start the uninstallation.
As you can see, it is a simple method to remove programs. However, it is incapable of uninstalling pre-installed applications in Windows 11.
How to uninstall programs and applications with Windows 11 PowerShell
Windows 11 includes preinstalled apps that can be useful or annoying. Also, there is no quick way to remove them. Indeed, the way to do this is through PowerShell. This is a command line interface oriented to system administrators. In effect, it allows you to manage and schedule tasks. Thanks to this ability to grant administrative privileges, we will be able to uninstall this type of applications.
- Click the search button and enter the term PowerShell. Then launch the application as administrator.
- Within PowerShell, type this command: Get-AppxPackage
- Below is an exhaustive list of all the apps installed on the PC. Of course, there are also those installed by default in Windows. You must copy the value corresponding to PackageFullName.
- After you get the app, you have to use this syntax:
Remove-AppxPackage App Name
- In case of uninstalling the camera, the command would look like this:
- Press Enter and the uninstall process will begin.
Note that Windows will not ask you if you want to uninstall the app. On the contrary, it uninstalls it automatically, as you act as the app’s uninstaller. Therefore, you should be careful not to uninstall essential system components because you could compromise the system.
How to uninstall programs and applications using third-party uninstallers
It is still possible to uninstall apps using third-party tools. There are many options on the market. However, we have mentioned Revo. This tool allows you to uninstall programs in Windows. Even those pre-installed apps. It also has a free version that does its job very well. Very well, we have ultimately seen 6 tricks to remove programs in Windows 11. A way to lighten our operating system. See you soon!