Kali Linux is the updated and optimized version of the BackTrack distro, developed by Offensive Security. Its objective is to facilitate the tools for network auditing in relation to computer security in general. Recently it releases its last version Kali Linux 2020.3, that presents diverse improvements in the appearance of the distro. Significant changes with the packages they offer.
The previous version of the projector jumped from GNOME to Xfce, likewise, I represent a default change, which offers one with KDE’s Plasma. On the other hand, the explanation of Offensive Security, with the enumeration of Kali Linux 2020.3. It comes from the third quarter version of the year, the project ensures the incorporation of impressive updates.
They can be used without the need for ISO or they can be updated from the same operating system.
What’s New in Kali Linux 2020.3
- The main new feature of Kali Linux 2020.3 is the migration from Bash to ZSH. At the moment, for the current version ZSH is incorporated as an option. Also, for future versions when a ZSH terminal is included it will start by default.
- On the other hand, one of the changes implemented is the acceleration of the installation. The new version proposes to stop running dist-upgrade during the installation. Now the installer will have all the necessary packages for the installation without a network connection.
- Similarly, when installed offline, the system offers a default list of network repository instead of empty sources.list.
- Another of the many new features of Kali Linux 2020.3, is the sopport for ARM devices. For the best performance on Pinebook, Pinebook Pro, Raspberry Pi, and ODROID-C.
- With GNOME it is selected using a new mask in the Nautilus file manager. In addition to improvements in the design of panels.
- They provide a version of Win-Kex (Windows + Kali Desktop Experience). Designed to run on Windows in a WSL2 (Windows Subsystem for Linux) environment.
- They also include the
kali-hidpi-modecommand, to automate the work of the system. On high-density pixel display (HiDPI).
For more details on Kali Linux 2020.3 see the official announcement
The appearance of Kali Linux, has a peculiar vision, due to the fact that each release of a version includes many interesting new features. As it was the case of Kali Linux 2020.3 with the migration of Bash to ZSH.
The latest version is based on Debian targeting the tasks of vulnerability scanning, auditing. Analysis of residual data and identifying the consequences of malicious attacks.
The 64-bit ARM devices for Raspberry Pi, use the Raspberry Pi space to create images. Since vcgencmd was only available for 32-bit, it can now be used in 64-bit.
While the pinebook image, it has the WI-FI driver, built from the image instead of giving the first boot. It should improve the first boot acceleration.
So, share this post and join our Telegram Channel