Hello! Little by little the renovations that Windows 10 Sun Valley will bring has been revealed. We are talking about the next major update of Windows 10. In fact, here we have talked about some of them. For example, a new start menu. On the other hand, it was recently revealed that it will include a new design for folder icons. Which will leave behind the classic yellow color. Likewise, we show you how to change the color of these folders. Of course, with a third-party application. The novelty is that this change will be integrated into the system. Now, all this was unveiled in a Windows Insider edition. So it is not yet available for the general user. But don’t worry, today we will see how to use the new folder icons in Windows 10. Without having to belong to the Windows Insider Program.
Learn how to install the new Windows 10 folder icons
This icon theme has been created by DevianArt user niivu. He has a great reputation for creating custom themes for Windows 10. Indeed, the folder icons are a replica of the icons presented by Microsoft. However, this theme customizes more icons than just the main folders. The rest of the theme is an adaptation of the Fluent pattern implemented in Windows 10, resulting in a sober and well-done style. The installation of the icons is a relatively simple procedure. However, it is necessary to use an application to apply it. Please follow the steps below:
- The first thing you have to do is to download the compressed file from DevianArt, then unzip it wherever you want.
- After unzipping, you will see a folder called Windows 10 Insider Preview Icons.
- Inside this folder, there are several files. The icon pack is the file 7TSP Windows 10 Insider.7z.remove.
- You must rename the icon package. With this in mind, please delete the word remove. Consequently, the file will look like this:
- Once the package is ready, it is necessary to download the program needed to apply it. The app is 7TSP GUI 2019 Edition and you can download it for free from here.
- Please unzip the downloaded .zip file. Inside the folder will be a file named 7tsp GUI v0.6(2019).ee. You must repeat the above process, i.e. rename it. In this case, you have to change the .ee extension to .exe. In other words, turn it into an executable program: 7tsp GUI v0.6(2019).exe
- Now, run the program 7tsp GUI v0.6(2019).exe. Then, click on Add Custom Pack.
- Next, select the previously renamed 7TSP Windows 10 Insider.7z icon package. Please click on Start Patching.
- The application creates a restore point before applying the icon pack. This is a safety measure in case something goes wrong. Also, the process takes a while as there are a lot of icons.
- During the installation process, the shell and Windows Explorer will be restarted. Don’t worry, this is normal. Consequently, you will not be able to use the system normally for a few moments.
- After restarting the system, you will see the brand-new icons already installed.
And just like that we have seen how to use the new Windows 10 folder icons. Bye!