Since Google blocks numerous sites for malware and phishing daily, WordPress blog security is just critical. Although WordPress core software is incredibly secure and undergoes a regular developer audit, there is a lot you can do to have your site protected. And even if you are only a bit tech-savvy, you may still eliminate different risk factors as a blog owner.
This article will look through 2022 secure WordPress blog best practices. They will help avoid hacking and malware-related issues and quickly detect the site’s security vulnerabilities. So let’s start our journey!
1. Security Plugin Installation
The very first thing to protect WordPress site from hackers is getting a security plugin. After that, you may no longer worry about malware, spamming, and other harmful attacks by its installation. Besides, it’s not necessary anymore to waste a bulk of time checking how secure the blog is manually and always keep abreast of coding methods knowledge. Just install the plugin and facilitate your life.
There is a variety of plugins, but we recommend opting for those that provide features like blocklist tracking, malware scan, and automatic updating. Such tools will aid you in defining every single suspicious activity. That way, your blog will be a highly secure place, including safety backlinks exclusively.
2. Frequent Site Update
Keeping the site frequently updated puts another essential step. The matter is that out-of-date software shows a higher vulnerability to hacker attacks. So on-time updating will come to the rescue here. In fact, WordPress blog updates are a piece of cake.
Just log into the dashboard and click on “Updates’. Various available site update options like themes, plugins or core systems will appear. Next, you must select what you prefer to improve and click on ‘Update Now’.
If you conduct such a boost regularly, be sure there is no chance of facing malicious activity. But always remember to generate the site backup before any kind of update.
3. Working with Reliable Hosts
No doubt, you can’t do without an excellent host to make WordPress site secure. However, it is better to search for hosts specialized in WordPress only. They ensure systems and servers which are suitable just for your site’s needs rather than providing every kind of technology accessible.
Considering a WordPress site host, try to focus on the following:
- Security. It goes without saying this is the key thing to check. Seek hosts with strong security policies that treat site protection incredibly seriously. Typically, they should enable you with malware tracking and elimination, secure backup, and automatic updating. Due to such host performance, the site owners can improve SEO to a great extent. Additionally, they will be aware of niche sites for guest articles without harming their blog.
- Support. Support policy and practices form no less crucial point to pay attention to. It will be perfect if the host offers around-the-clock support. Thus, you can always get needed help and immediately solve troubles. Moreover, it may significantly promote preventing much more severe security issues.
- Speed. A good WordPress host might enhance the situation when it comes to site loading time. With it, your site will operate ideally, keeping users delighted and involved. Search for hosting services with high-capacity storage since they can effortlessly handle traffic influxes.
4. A Strong Password Usage
One of the simplest ways to WordPress blog security is reliable password creation. Unfortunately, people often overlook this point, resulting in cyberattacks and hacking. So site owners should come up with strong passwords. It means the password must be challenging to guess and contain a blend of letters, numbers, and symbols.
Try to avoid easily remembered combinations, create unique passwords for each site and never share them with others. A highly efficient strategy would be to resort to a senseless letter mix and rarely used characters.
5. Apply Two-Factor Authentication
Sometimes even a generated reliable password can’t protect from malicious attacks. However, don’t worry; two-factor authentication will successfully deal with it. This extra security action demands two forms of identification, like an email address or phone number, while logging in. That way, the site acquires the extra protection layer that makes it highly complex to take possession of your account. You can find two-factor authentication practically within each browser and activate it in a few clicks.
6. Hotlinking Block
Suppose you come across an image online and strive to post it on your blog. First, you must get permission or pay for that picture. In another case, it might be illegal to do it. With permission, you can directly attain the image’s URL to share the picture across your article. The critical problem here is that the picture on your blog is at the same time hosted on another site’s server. It denotes that you can’t influence whether the image will remain on the server or not.
To cut a long story short, hotlinking is another person using your visuals to showcase it on your site and simultaneously stealing your server bandwidth. In the long run, it will negatively affect your loading speed and overall SEO performance. Visit unixmen.com to discover the hottest SEO software solutions.
So if you strive to secure WordPress blog, blocking hotlinking is a must. While there are various manual methods for hotlinking removal, the most trouble-free practice will be to pick a security plugin best fitting this job.