Laravel: API-based for all types of backends
We are talking about one of the most known and used frameworks to create backends. In addition, it works with PHP language, which is very well known. Laravel offers an extensive API with excellent features. Which allows you to create web pages quickly with stable performance and easy to maintain. Some of its main features are:
- Allows you to add a secure and robust authentication system in a very simple way.
- Makes web pages much faster thanks to its internal cache.
- Allows controlling vulnerabilities and other bugs in a much easier way than with other alternatives.
Spring Web MVC: uses Java to query databases
Spring is based on the Servlet API. Therefore, it is based on Java. Moreover, it is specially designed to send requests to a database or to other servers. In addition, it allows you to configure the view resolution and take care of controlling the regional configuration of the web. Finally, it manages the theme and the file upload from the frontend. Among its main characteristics are:
- Each of the framework functions is properly separated and isolated from everything else. Thus, the controller, validator, modeler, etc. do not interfere in the operation of the others. This is possible thanks to DispatcherServlet
- It offers great configuration possibilities.
- Advanced filters that allow sending requests via GET, POST, PUT, PATCH and DELETE.
- It has a system of simulations to check that everything works correctly.
Ruby on Rails: a fast, simple and powerful framework
Ruby on Rails is another of the most popular and widely used web development frameworks. As its name suggests, it is programmed in Ruby, so it is organized in objects. Additionally, it has a very clear and light structure. You can hire Ruby on Rails developers to increase the adaptability of the program for all types of infrastructures. Some of its main features are:
- Web applications are supported by the MVC pattern.
- It requires less code than other frameworks, which allows us to create web applications in 30% to 40% less time.
- It avoids code repetition and, therefore, reduces the information inside the system and the probability of errors. This is made possible by Don’t Repeat Yourself.
- The code is fully scalable, so we can adjust it according to our needs.
- It has very secure life cycles.
ASP.NET: Microsoft’s technology for everyone.
When using .NET we are logically talking about Microsoft. This is a free, multiplatform and open source framework. Its main function is to create all kinds of web applications and services in .NET and C#. In addition, it is able to run on Windows, macOS and Linux. When running on Windows, it uses Windows Forms, WPF and UWP for creating web applications. Here are some of its main features:
- Allows programming from almost any operating system.
- Improved performance.
- Use of several versions in parallel.
In the following lines, we will continue to explore the best open source frameworks to create a website.
Cake PHP: very fast framework for creating PHP apps
This PHP framework allows users to have a very fast development. Which is essential for the creation of web applications. It also offers a fast and structured working method. And it has tools that allow to code logically all the content of the application. Let’s take a look at some of its main features:
- It allows to build a prototype very easily.
- It has an MIT license, so we can create without problems all kinds of commercial applications.
- Furthermore, it has a lot of integrated tools that allow to improve the creation of web applications. Thus, it is possible to manage translations, input validation, SQL, XSS and CSRF protection, database access and an internal cache to improve performance.
Django: The ideal framework to make things fast.
If you are short on time, this is the best framework to use. Django is based on Python. And because of its nature, it is meant to create web applications quickly with as little code as possible. The apps created with it stand out for their clean and intuitive design. Here are some features.
- It allows the creation of rich and dynamic APIs for the use of databases.
- It has a very complex authentication system based on user, groups, permissions and sessions.
- Helps development to be free of security flaws, offering protection against clickjacking, SQL injections, remote code execution and more.
In this way we have seen the best open source frameworks to create a website. We always strive to show you the best options for your benefit. Bye!