In the case of Linux, file managers play a very important role. It allows navigating throughout the entire directories and file systems in a nice GUI. Polo is a modern and lightweight file manager with a number of available features that are not so enjoyable in all the generic file managers.
There are a number of avialalble features of Polo File Manager.
- Multiple panes – Single, dual or quad pane layouts with support for multiple tabs each pane.
- Multiple views – tiled, list view and others.
- Archive support – Browser archives as a normal folder. Supports creation of archives in multiple formats along with advanced compression settings.
- PDF actions – split, merge pages, add/remove password, rotate etc.
- Image actions – rotate, resize, optimize PNG, convert to other formats etc.
- ISO actions – mount ISO, boot in VM, write to USB
- Checksum and hashing – Checking using different hashes like MD5, SHA1, SHA2-256 and SHA2-512.
- Video downloading – Powered by “youtube-dl”.
Getting Polo File Manager
Polo is available for all the Linux distros. Run the following commands –
sudo apt-add-repository -y ppa:teejee2008/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install polo-file-manager
- Other distros
The easiest way to install Polo File Manager is through the RUN installer package.
Now, run the following commands –
chmod +x polo-file-manager-v18.8.2-amd64.run sudo ./polo-file-manager-v18.8.2-amd64.run
Start Polo File Manager –