Microsoft releases the Windows 10 May 2021 Update. Indeed, this is the commercial name for Windows 10 21H1. In addition, it comes as a free update for users with a valid license. This update does not come with major new features. However, it is the last step before receiving the major upgrade planned for this year. We are talking about Sun Valley. On the other hand, it is defined as a feature update. That is, it is a minor update, quick to install, and lightweight. In spite of everything, it is great news that Microsoft releases the Windows 10 May 2021 Update.
The Few New Features of Windows 10 May 2021 Update
As mentioned, Windows 10 May 2021 update is a feature update. Consequently, the download and installation are fast. Just as it is done with the patches. As long as you have Windows 10 version 2004 or 20H2. Otherwise, the installation will be done in the traditional way. According to Microsoft, Windows 10 21H1 focuses on security, remote access, and quality. Therefore, they have focused on meeting specific consumer demands. In reality, the aim is to increase stability and fix some bugs. Well, the improvements introduced by this update are as follows:
- Multi-camera support for Windows Hello. This will allow users to choose an external camera as a priority. This when making use of high-end monitors with integrated cameras.
- Improvements in the performance of Windows Defender Application Guard. Including improvements in document opening times.
- Updates to Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and Group Policy Service (GPSVC) improving performance to support remote work scenarios.
- Replacement of the old Microsoft Edge with the new Chromium-based Edge.
- News and Interest. A feature planned for 21H2 is finally brought forward for this release. You will see it in the taskbar and if you don’t like it it can be disabled.
Hardware requirements for Windows 10 21H1
The requirements are the same as for the 2004 version of Windows 10, that is:
- 1 GHz processor.
- 1 GB RAM memory for 32 bits and 2 GB for 64 bits.
- 32 GB of free disk space.
- GPU compatible with DirectX 9.
- Screen with 800 x 600 resolution.
How to download it
To install it, just go to Windows Update. We already mentioned that it is a feature update. Therefore, the download and installation will be done in a fast way. To force the installation, please follow this path: Windows Settings> Update and security>Windows Update>Check for updates.
Microsoft will roll out the update gradually. For this reason, it may not appear on your system. This is done to detect possible errors and inconveniences. So it is advisable to wait. However, if you do not want to wait you can download the update manually from Windows Update.
Ultimately, Microsoft releases the Windows 10 May 2021 Update. Bye!