MySQL is an open source relational database management system (RDBMS). It has the most comprehensive set of advanced features and management tools which ensures the highest level of scalability, security, and reliability with no downtime. This guide will help you to install MySQL on Windows 10 with step by step walkthrough. There are different ways available to install MySQL in Windows 10, but we will follow the process using MySQL Installer. So, let’s get started:
- Step 1: Determine your Operating System whether it’s x86 or x64. To do that, press Winsows+X and click System. It will take you to the About page and you will see the system configuration.
- Step 2: Go to the MySQL download page and click MySQL Installer.
- Step 3: Scroll down the page and download the second installer file. You can skip the login/signup by clicking “No thanks, just start my download.”
Install MySQL on Windows 10:
- After downloading the file, locate it on your computer and double-click to install. It will popup User License Agreement screen, accept the agreement and the install wizard will appear.
- Now, select the Custom option and click Next.
- Next screen will ask you to choose the products to install.
- Expand MySQL Servers and select MySQL Server 5.x.xx
- Expand Application, click MySQL Workbench and select workbench.
- Click Documentation and select MySQL Documentation.
- Click Sample and select Examples 5.x.xx
- Now click Next and the installation process will start. It will take a while and when the process finishes, click Next.
Configuring MySQL on your Computer:
You will need to configure the MySQL for the first time and once to make it usable. A Configuration Window will pop up.
- Keep the Configuration Type as Development Machine and set the TCP/IP port as 3306. Now, check the Show Advanced Options and click Next.
- Ignore the user tab and just put a strong password and click Next.
- Click Next. Install MySQL as a Windows Service. This is the easiest settings to start, stop, restart MySQL and allow Windows to start MySQL when Windows starts.
- Leave the advanced settings as it is and click Next to Execute. It will take you to the Product Configuration window.
- Click Next. In the screen, click Check option, that enables the Next button.
Now, you can follow the next steps with default settings. Click Execute. This process will run all the necessary scripts to configure sample. If it is successful, click Finish.
Click Next. Leave Start MySQL Workbench after Setup checked. Click Finish. Workbench will start by itself in a few seconds
If you are at this point, you have completed the installation of MySQL on your Windows 10 Computer. Now, as the MySQL database has been installed, it’s already running on your computer. All you will need is to connect to MySQL database. You can use MySQL Workbench as a client to connect to MySQL. When Workbench starts, a connection to the local database will automatically be established.
Double-click on Local instance MySQL57 connection and type the root password you used back then to install MySQL to gain access to the server.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed MySQL on Windows 10 Computer.
If anything goes wrong, check the error log. You can search the errors on Google or follow above steps to install MySQL on Windows 10 again!