At some point, we have experienced some data loss. And we can all agree that it’s frustrating. So what happens when you end up deleting files permanently on your PC?
Data recovery might prove to be a challenge, especially for non-experts or lack the technical know-how that could help them maneuver around the problem. But the good news is that there is a solution even to the Shift + deleted files on Windows. All you need is to follow through with some of the methods below.
What Determines The Recovery Of Data?
There are so many things that can influence the success of data recovery for PC this can be through the following:
- Whether the data was temporary or permanently deleted.
- The nature and type of file to be recovered.
- The health of the device where data was stored.
- The kind of recovery solutions available.
Once these factors are determined, a suitable data recovery method can be applied.
Ways Which Shift Deleted Files Can Be Recovered
Data loss on windows can happen by accidentally pressing the shift +delete command keys. This leads to the permanent deletion of files. However, you need not be hopeless as there are more ways to recover shift deleted files. With the following methods, you can undelete your files and have them restored.
1. Make Use Of A Data Recovery Software
There is so much that can be done by data recovery software than what an internal system software can do. Suppose you have a software data recovery for PC. In that case, you have a high chance of recovering many files in different formats of devices and dealing with problematic data loss scenarios.
Disk Drill developed by CleverFiles is a data recovery software that drives a hard bargain. As one of the best data recovery software in 2022, the software is affordable, both the basic free version to up to 500MB of data recovery and the paid-for pro version at $89. You can still enjoy more valuable features other than its primary role, which is data recovery. This is how you can get started withDisk Drill by CleverFiles software.
- Get the Disk Drill application by downloading from CleverFile’s official website.
- Initiate the launch process to get it installed and running.
- Select the storage device that you need your files restored.
Having both the quick and deep scan options, you can choose either one or both options
- to scan for lost files.
- Click on the search for lost data button located at the right bottom corner.
- Give the software time to do the scanning. The scanning time will depend on the nature of files you want to be recovered.
- You will be able to see all files detected on a list.
- Preview the files you need restored and proceed to restore once you have identified the files you want back.
2. Use Windows Back Up To Recover Deleted Files
Always start with alternative programs available on your device. With the help of windows backup, you have high odds to recover shift deleted files on Windows by following the following steps.
- Start button, right-click on it and search for ”control panel.”
- by looking for system security, then at the backup and restore.
- Select restore files by clicking on the button at the right bottom corner.
- files that can be restored by selecting browse for folders.
- Locate the files of your interest, click on the folder and choose add folder.
- Click ”Next” and select your desired storage area for your files.
- Click on restore to have files recovered.
3. Use File History In Windows 10 To Recover Deleted Files
If you had file history settings activated on your PC, you got less to worry about, especially if you are a Windows 10 user. Once the “Shift delete” command is initiated, file history can come in handy. This is because the file history feature can copy all files on your devices, such as documents, music, videos, and even photos, at hourly intervals. You could use this in data recovery if you observed the following steps.
- On your windows toolbar, look for the quick access icon.
- Click on the icon and open the folder that had deleted files.
- Click on the history icon in the Home tab to view file history.
- Check for files you want to be recovered and select which version you wish to proceed with in the data recovery.
- Click on the restore button, and in a few moments, you should be able to locate your files.