Hello! Computers are used for multiple tasks. In fact, most users usually open the same programs when they start Windows. However, if there are few of them, there is no problem. However, it can be frustrating to always open the same programs each time. Therefore, today we will teach you a practical trick. Stay with us to see how to open multiple programs with one click in Windows 10.
Learn how to easily open various programs with a single click in Windows 10.
Some users choose to open the programs. And then leave the computer in sleep mode. This way, when the system is restarted, the programs will already be open. However, the disadvantage is in the energy expenditure. Therefore, it is not a long term solution. Hence, what we will do is create a .bat file. This item will be responsible for running all the apps at once. In addition, we will create a shortcut for practical purposes. Please follow the steps below to do so easily.
Using file location.
The first step is to know the location of the programs you want to launch. Indeed, you need the path of the executable file of each of them. The first step is to know the location of the programs you want to launch. Indeed, you need the path of the executable file of each of them. This is very important, since the information will be added to the file. With this in mind, please do the following:
- Locate the app icon on your desktop.
- Then, right click on it.
- Now click on Properties. Alternatively, you can click on Open File Location. This will cause the Windows File Explorer to open in the path where that program’s executable file is located.
- Now you must click on the Direct Access tab. Please note the path and file name used to run the program. Please note that this info will be needed to create the file.
This process must be done with all the programs you want to add. Anyway, this info can be edited later.
How to create the file.
After collecting the data from the apps, it is time to create the file.
- First it is necessary to create a new text file. This can be done in different ways. You can open Notepad, which is the Windows text editor. Or use an alternative editor like Notepad++. It is also possible to right-click on an empty space on the desktop. Then click on New and finally on Text document.
- In the first line of the text file, add the following:
- Press enter and add the next line:
cd "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"
Please remember to replace Firefox with the path to your programs.
- After pressing enter, enter the next line:
Once again, replace firefox.exe with your programs’ executable file.
- Now repeat this pair of lines for each program you want to add.
- When you have finished adding the programs, please enter the following line:
It is a very simple procedure to follow. See how my file looks like:
After completion, it is time to save the file. Please click on Save As. On the next screen click on All types.
Finally, assign any name but with the ending .bat. Also, save it on the desktop.
Finally, you have created the file. Just double-click on it. If you did everything correctly, the programs in it will be launched.
Ultimately, we have learned how to open several programs with a single click in Windows 10. In this way, we increase productivity in the system. Bye!