Hello! How are you? The action center is an integrated function in Windows 10. It is certainly a useful feature for some users. However, you may also want to disable it. This decision involves generating a new registry value. Which is a simple task easily reversible. Read on to find out how to disable Windows 10 Action Center.
How to disable the action center from the Windows registry.
- Open the registry editor. To do this, press the Win+R combination to open the Run box. Next, run the regedit command. The Windows registry editor will open immediately. Please navigate to the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\
- Now it is time to create a new key. With this intention, right click on a blank space. Now follow the path: New>Key.
- You will assign the name Explorer to this key.
- Within the newly generated key, you have to create the new configuration. With this in mind, repeat the same procedure but follow the following path: New>DWORD value (32 bit). Assign it as name DisableNotificationCenter
- After it is created, just double click on it and change the value from 0 to 1. Restart the computer.
- If you want to restore the notification center, simply put a zero where there is a one, and restart again.
Ultimately, we have seen how to disable the Windows 10 Action Center. As you can see, it is a simple procedure to do. Also, note that this will remove the center but not the notifications. If you wish to do so, please follow this tutorial. Bye!