If you just got a new iPhone and wondering about the internal features. But don’t know how to activate and use iPhone without a SIM card to start exploring one of the coolest technology, this article will help you to overcome that challenge. Let’s get started: Activating the iPhone is the most important step in order to make it functional, take photos, enjoy music and videos. To activate your iPhone, a SIM card is essential and has easy methods to complete the process. But if you are planning to use your iPhone without SIM card, or giving away to your kids to use like an iPad, this process will be a little tricky. Below we will show you, How to activate and use iPhone 7/8/X without a SIM card.
What will you need?
To activate your iPhone 7/8/X without a SIM, you will need:
- A Windows/Mac PC,
- iTunes setup file,
- USB cable, and
- You iPhone which you want to activate.
How to activate?
Activating your iPhone using the latest version of iTunes will no longer need the SIM card. To activate iPhone 7/8/X without a SIM, follow the steps below:
- First, download the latest version of iTunes to your computer from this link.
- Turn on your iPhone and you will be asked to select language and region.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable.
- You will be asked to setup iPhone and restore from a previous backup. If you don’t have any backup, choose an option, it won’t affect your activation process.
- Click on the “Get started” option and your computer will automatically activate the iPhone.
- Now you can disconnect your iPhone and continue using an iPad or an ordinary media device with the masterpiece of technology.
Some Subscriber Identity Module providers, like AT&T, can lock an iPhone. If yours is one of those devices, then you may see a prompt on your iTunes, stating “locked by AT&T.” In this case, it won’t activate using iTunes. You need to borrow a SIM card from a friend or someone, and then follow these steps. Once it is activated, you can remove the SIM and start using the iPhone without any problems.