Hello! The operating system is the most important software installed on a computer. In fact, Windows 10 includes a great number of services and functions. Sometimes these services are not necessary for the use of the system. However, they are enabled for any user’s needs. Well, today we will see which services in Windows 10 can be safely disabled. That is, without compromising the stability of the system.
How to manage Windows 10 services.
Before proceeding further, a clarification is necessary. The information we will share is valid for the vast majority of users. However, every computer is different. Therefore, it is necessary to analyze each case before proceeding. In addition, it is always advisable to create a manual restoration point. This way, if something goes wrong, you can always return to the original configuration. To know how to do it, see our tutorial.
It is possible to manage Windows services from the task manager. Specifically from the services section. To start it, just press the combination Ctrl+Shift+Esc. It is possible to manage Windows services from the task manager. Specifically from the services section. To start it, just press the combination Ctrl+Shift+Esc. The tab shows the name, a brief description, status and type of startup.
In order to manage it, you must go to the Services section. With this in mind, right click on any item and then click on Open Service.
The type of start is determined by the behavior of the service:
- Automatic (delayed start): waits for the operating system to load and starts automatically.
- Automatic: starts with every system start
- Manual: starts when an application needs it
- Disabled: Service cannot be started
Well, to modify this configuration, just right-click on the service. Once there, click on properties.
Windows 10 services that can be disabled
- Downloaded Maps Manager: can be disabled if you do not use the Maps application integrated with the system. Recommended configuration: manual
- Fax: Obsolete technology. Recommended configuration: disabled.
- Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service: It is only necessary if the computer has compatible hardware. Recommended configuration: disabled.
- Diagnostic Service Host: Telemetry service that can be discarded. Recommended configuration: disabled.
- Program compatibility assistant service: If you do not use old software frequently than you can discard it. Recommended configuration: manual
- Windows biometric service: Once again, you can discard it if you don’t have compatible hardware. Recommended configuration: disabled.
- BitLocker Drive Encryption Service: If you do not use it regularly, it is not necessary to have it in automatic mode. Recommended configuration: manual
- Certificate propagation: Domestic users can discard this configuration. Recommended configuration: disabled.
- Net Logon: a secure channel between the computer and the domain controller to authenticate users. Indeed, it is not usually necessary in a domestic environment. Recommended configuration: disabled.
- Natural authentication. Service that uses various data sources for locking and unlocking devices. Consequently, if the equipment does not have a fingerprint reader or any biometric identification system, you can deactivate it. Recommended configuration: disabled.
- Print Spooler: a necessary function only with the printer connected. Therefore, the recommended configuration is manual.
In this list are only services of Windows 10. In addition, it is a conservative configuration with respect to other websites. Since those usually include more services. However, there are risks of compromising the stability of the system. Now, you can apply these settings as the computer behaves.
Ultimately we have seen which Windows 10 services can be safely disabled. However, the decision is up to the user. In fact, modern computers usually run Windows efficiently. In addition, Microsoft has made an effort to improve service management. However, if you notice the slow start or unusual consumption. So, you know what to do. All right, that’s it for now. Stay tuned for more updates on Windows 10.