Hello! The Google keyboard is one of the most used on Android devices. This is because it is installed by default on many phones. It usually comes with Google services, such as Google Play, Gmail, Youtube, phone, messages, among others. A clear example is that it is installed by default on Xiaomi phones in its global version. Google Keyboard has improved over time and is packed with many features that most users ignore. Many of these features will help you type more efficiently. In this post, we will show you how to type faster with Google Keyboard by following a series of helpful tips.
Swipe to delete
Swipe and hold on to the delete button. If you slide over the delete button, it will allow you to select several words in a sentence, once you release it, they will be deleted. A very effective trick that will allow you to delete faster.
Activate the clipboard
The Google Keyboard clipboard will allow you to copy multiple words and photos more quickly and efficiently.
- To activate it, open any app that requires the keyboard.
- Then tap the clipboard button, it will now be activated automatically.
- You can also pin items you have copied for quicker access to them. To do this, open the clipboard and press and hold on to the item you want to pin. It will be available when you need it.
Take advantage of the voice dictation option
The Google keyboard has an option that will allow you to dictate by voice to the keyboard what you want to type. An option to consider is if the text you want to transcribe is very long.
- To activate this option open any app that requires the keyboard and press the microphone icon. If you are prompted for permissions grant them.
Use the Text Editor
This is another tool to edit text better, you will have arrows to scroll and select copy and paste.
- To use it open Google Keyboard
- Then press the three dots (…) in the shortcuts.
- Finally, select “Text Editor”
Enable automatic punctuation and capitalization
The keyboard has a function that will allow you to put a period automatically when you press the space button twice. There is also an automatic capitalization feature.
- To activate it, access the Settings from the Google Keyboard shortcut bar.
- Then click on “Text correction”.
- Activate “Auto-space after punctuation”, “Auto-capitalization” and “Double-space period”.
Translate words immediately
Finally, one of the flagship features of Google Keyboard is its integration with Google Translate. This way you can translate any word without having to leave the conversation. This will save you a lot of time and make it easier to communicate using other languages.
- To use this feature from Google Keyboard press the three dots (…) to see more options.
- Then press the “Translate” button.
- Then click on the “ok” button.
- After that, set the language you want to translate to.
- Finally, type any text and it will be translated automatically. And that’s it!
Download Google Keyboard
In case you don’t have it and want to take advantage of these great tools and tricks, you can download it by following the link below:
As you could see, Google Keyboard has a great variety of tools dedicated to improving your typing. Yet another reason to be the most used keyboard in the Android ecosystem. Thanks for reading us. Goodbye!