Hello friends! The algorithm used by Spotify for shuffle playback uses a feature. Which tends to play the same song over and over again. Luckily there is a trick to fix this and be able to play more songs in your playlists. Spotify updated support for Android 13 recently to go hand in hand with all the improvements made with this major update. Of all the possibilities offered by the service, random playlists have a small drawback that can be corrected with this cool trick. In this post, we’ll show you how to prevent songs from repeating in Spotify.
Playlist with many songs
The problem is that Spotify’s playlist shuffle algorithm ends up using the same songs one after another. This is because it uses cached data in the mobile to store them. And in playlists with multiple songs, the last saved ones will be played and not all of them will be playable. With this trick for Spotify, you will be able to listen to the entire playlist in random order and thus not play them in this almost endless loop.
To begin with, the best thing to do is to make sure you have the latest version of Spotify installed on your device. That will help you keep up to date with all the latest news and recently added features. You can check if you have the latest version by following this link:
Then launch the Spotify app and tap the nut icon to go to “Settings”.
After that, swipe down until you find the storage section and select the “Clear cache” option. This action will clear the cache, but not all the song downloads that you usually use to work in offline mode.
Note that the settings will return to their initial point as the cache is automatically restored over time. So it is a good idea to clear it from time to time to have a playlist with many varied songs and not play the same songs all the time. This is recommended to improve the performance of Spotify. Also to be able to enjoy all the playlists, which are often used more than ever.
What’s new in Spotify for Android 13
Spotify has released a new update for its Android application that includes several new features and improvements for users. Here are some of the most notable features:
- Offline mode: you can now download up to 10,000 songs on one device and listen to them without an Internet connection. Alternatively, you can choose your preferred audio quality to save space or enjoy the clearer sound.
- Custom Library: you can organize your music by artist, album, playlist, or podcast and access them easily from the Library tab. You can also create folders to group your favorite contents and sort them by name, date, or importance.
- Voice control: by simply saying “Hey Spotify”, you can ask the application to play a song, artist, album, playlist, or podcast. You can also control the volume, pause, resume, or skip tracks with your voice.
- Integration with Google Maps: if you use Google Maps for navigation, you can view and control Spotify playback from the same screen. So you can choose the track that will accompany you on your journey without distracting you from the route.
- Car mode: if you connect your phone to your car’s audio system, Spotify’s car mode is automatically activated, which makes using the application simpler and safer when driving. You will be able to zoom in on the album cover, use the large buttons, and access voice control.
These are just some of the new features of the Spotify for Android 13 update. To enjoy all of them, just update the app from the Google Play or Spotify’s official website. Thanks for reading. Bye!