The taskbar is one of the favorite elements of Windows 10 users. Indeed, there it is possible to pin apps to have them at hand. On the other hand, when surfing the Internet, we also have favorite sites. These can be added to the browser bookmarks. Maybe you didn’t know that it is also possible to pin a website to the Windows taskbar. So in the next lines, we will know how to do it.
How to pin a website to the Windows taskbar using web browsers
It is a great option to have the websites fixed. You don’t need to open the web browser and type the name of the website. Consequently, just click on the bar to open it directly. Well, the steps depend on the browser used.
Let’s take a look at the steps to pin a website to the taskbar using Microsoft Edge:
- Click on the 3 dots at the top right of the browser. This will open the menu. Then scroll down to More tools.
- A new menu will open. Then click on the Pin to taskbar option.
- A new window will be displayed. Once there, just assign a new name for the shortcut. Finally, click on Pin and you will be able to see the shortcut in the taskbar.
With Mozilla Firefox we can also create a shortcut to the desktop. This shortcut can be used to go directly to a specific website. However, in this case, it is a bit more complicated. But don’t worry, let’s see how to do it:
- First, locate Mozilla Firefox from the start menu. Then, right-click on the icon and finally click on Open file location.
- You will be redirected to the file location. Please right-click on the Firefox icon. Finally, click on Send to>Desktop (Create shortcut).
- Please right-click on the shortcut. Go to properties.
- You can see several lines. Please click on Target. There the address of the Firefox file is displayed. Therefore, after the quotation marks please leave a blank space and add -url. Finally, paste the website address. Please see the following example:
"C:\Users\coolr\AppData\Local\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -url https://www.osradar.com/
- Finally, every time you click on this shortcut you will be redirected to the website. Now just add this shortcut to your taskbar.
The procedure with Google Chrome is similar to that of Microsoft Edge. However, it is a little less straightforward. Please follow the steps below:
- First click on the 3 dots at the top right of the browser. Once inside the menu scroll down to More tools>Create shortcut.
- In the next window, just enter the name of the shortcut. Press Create to continue.
- Once the shortcut is created, you have two options. You can right-click on the icon and then click on Pin to taskbar. Or you can simply drag it directly to the taskbar.
Okay, so we have seen how to pin a website to the Windows taskbar. This way you have an easier way to go directly to your favorite sites. Bye!