Hello, there is no doubt that the pace of work has changed a lot with the pandemic. Therefore, confinement and teleworking have a great influence. Indeed, the mail account is likely to collapse with many messages. Even to the point of filling up the storage quota provided by Gmail. In addition, sometimes it is not an option to delete emails to make more space. Therefore, today we will review Google’s Takeout features. Which allows you to create a backup copy of Gmail. Even with all messages and attachments. In addition, in an easy, safe, and freeway. Read on to learn how to create a Gmail backup.
How to back up Gmail
The first thing you need to know is that this process is not done from Gmail. Instead, it is done from the Google account settings. Therefore, you have to use the Google account linked to the email. Please follow the steps below:
- Once there, check the Privacy & Personalization section.
- Once there, just click on Manage your Data and Privacy.
- Now, just scroll down to the bottom. Specifically, to the Data from apps and services you use section. Specifically, you have to click on Download or delete your data.
- From here, comes the neuralgic part of the tutorial. In fact, a series of boxes are selected by default. They represent the data linked to the account to be backed up. However, this time, only the data related to the email is important. Therefore, click on the Deselect all option. Finally, scroll down to the bottom and check the Mail box.
- Now scroll down and click on Next step.
- In this way, we will enter the second step. Specifically, the type of backing delivery. Indeed, there are several options. The first one is to send a download link via email. It is also possible to save it directly to Drive, DropBox, OneDrve or Box accounts.
- After selecting the option, just click on Create Export.
The best thing about this method is that it not only allows you to make a one-time backup. In fact, it is possible to schedule periodic backups. We can even choose the type of file and the maximum size. So if the file exceeds the maximum size, then we will receive several portions. The best thing about this method is that it not only allows you to make a one-time backup. In fact, it is possible to schedule periodic backups. We can even choose the type of file and the maximum size. So if the file exceeds the maximum size, then we will receive several portions. Okay, ultimately we have seen how to backup Gmail. So we will be able to have access to important emails. See you soon!