Mobile devices and computers have been created for a multitude of purposes. In addition to playing games, running work programs or consuming content, our computers are perfect for improving productivity. This is only possible with the best task programs. Do you want to know what they are? Read on to find out. In this post you will find a list of the best task manager programs currently available for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. We reveal their most outstanding features and tell you why they are a good choice when it comes to getting organized. Best of all, with most of them, getting organized is completely free.
We start with Todoist, a classic in the world of task programs. Its main virtue is that it is completely cross-platform. So you can use it on smartwatches, cell phones and computers, no matter what your operating system is. It also has a complete web version. In addition to this, there are some features worth highlighting:
- It offers very powerful integrations with other services, such as Google Calendar or Alexa.
- It is free to start using it.
- Allows you to create filters and tags to better manage tasks.
- Simple and powerful application at the same time. It can help you both for the shopping list and to manage complex projects.
- Natural language task entry. To add an item is as easy as typing Check project database.
TickTick is one of the best to-do programs we have to recommend. It shares some features with Todoist, such as the possibility of accessing lists from any device and web browser. It also offers natural language support. In addition, its applications have been developed following the patterns established for each operating system. Likewise, we highlight this:
- Pomodoro timer with 25-minute sessions to accomplish tasks.
- Habit tracking.
- Task organization by priorities.
- Integrations with third-party services, such as Slack or Zapier.
- Getting started with TickTick is free.
Microsoft To Do
Since Microsoft bought Wunderlist, it has been improving the service to become a complete task manager. Today, it is known as Microsoft To Do. The way this service works is very similar to what we have seen so far with Todoist or TickTick. That is, lists of tasks that the user completes as he works on them. The strengths of this application are these:
- Compatibility with all types of devices. Don’t worry, you can use it on macOS or iPhone, as well as Windows, of course.
- My Day section. This is a section that is reset every day and makes it easy to organize your day by adding pending tasks.
- Integration with Microsoft services. Without going any further, it is accessible from Outlook and allows you to add emails as tasks.
- Completely free option.
Google Tasks is a simple option, integrated with Google services and completely free. It is important to make clear that this is not a very complete tool. However, it can be very useful if you use Gmail or Google Drive on a daily basis. Among its most important functions, we find the following:
- Ability to create recurring tasks.
- Integration with Google Calendar. All tasks appear in the calendar instantly.
- Web access from most Google services and application for mobile devices.
- Completely free option.
Evernote is not a task program. In fact, it is a complete notepad with which you can keep all kinds of records. However, inside each annotation you can add lists, tables and other contents. As if this were not enough, there is the possibility of adding reminders to any content you upload to its servers. And what else does it offer?
- Synchronization of content on any device.
- Powerful search engine to find notes quickly.
- Multiple methods for adding notes, such as sending via e-mail.
- Document scanning.
Trello is not a classic task application. Rather, it is a platform that facilitates the creation of boards for a multitude of purposes. Without going any further, it is possible to generate a table with unique listings for each day of the week or according to the category of tasks. Within each list it is possible to add cards with diverse content, from images, lists, text and much more. To all this, we must add the following outstanding features:
- Compatibility with Markdown when adding content within each card. So it is possible to format text, add links or underline ideas.
- Powerups. These are small add-ons that integrate Trello with other services. For example, there is one that allows you to send any card to Todoist. There is also one that enables access to Google Drive.
- Teamwork. This is an application that you can use alone to get organized. But it is also ideal for collaborations with other users.
- Reminders. Cards can be easily converted into reminders.
- Free. Although some features are paid, most of the tools it offers are free.
We close this list with Bring!, an application that will help you with one of the most routine tasks: controlling the shopping list. It is true that its only objective is this, and it does not allow you to manage other types of pending tasks. However, it is one of the best task programs that you have at your disposal if you want to create shopping lists, either for your day to day or for specific events. In fact, it has some strong points that we detail here:
- Share shopping lists with others.
- Visual system for adding products.
- Compatibility with most devices, including web access.